Background

Saturday, October 27, 2012

ETL...Again

For the last two years we've always begun the year trying Eat to Live.  And it goes well for a few months before fizzling for various reasons...too expensive, too time consuming, or I REALLY want bacon.

This year we began and had really great success, but it just didn't last.  It was costing us too much, and I was finding I had less and less time with school to do the food prep and shopping.

Well, last week I went to the doctor.  She told me I had to lose weight (no big surprise there).  Then she told me I had to be 20 pounds lighter before my next appointment...in December (What?)  Never had a doctor give me a deadline before.  But I think that's just what I needed to really get me started on this thing again.

And it's different this time because we have a garden to pull from.  A garden which will be even bigger next year.  A garden which will, eventually, produce everything we need with the exception of tropical fruits.  So the expenses shouldn't hit us quite so hard this time around.

And the rest of my family is doing a diet challenge as well.  My older sister instigated this one, and got my other sisters and mother involved.  Hopefully, when we see each other on Thanksgiving, we'll all be a little lighter.  They're doing Reshape the Nation (I've done that one, too).  I'm not sure how it's going for them yet, but I've been doing ETL since Tuesday and am already down 6 pounds.  I think I might meet my goal.

No comments: