Background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

XXL No More

At the beginning of the year, I had some XL shirts sitting in my drawer because they cut off the circulation in my arms.  This morning, I decided to try one on.  It fits.  It's still a little tight around the bust (which I expect, because it is unusually large) but everything else fits.  In fact, the arms are a little loose.

I can also feel my pants (the ones I hadn't been able to wear since before Ada) are getting looser.  My other pants can be pulled off while still buttoned and zipped.  I think I might have to get a new pair.  See, I work with little kids who like to pull on my clothes to get my attention.  And the direction of the pull is usually slightly downward.  And I can't have them coming off while I'm at work, because that would be inappropriate and somewhat embarrassing.  I might wait just a few more weeks just before the purchase to see if I can get down another size.

All in all, I am thrilled with the results of this diet/lifestyle.  I confess that I usually wind up eating Taco Bell at least once a week (twice during one week) but I'm excited that it doesn't seem to be slowing me down much.

Last night, as I was climbing the three flights of stairs to get to my apartment, I noticed that I wasn't out of breath anymore.  And the climb seemed to go more quickly.

This is awesome.

Can't wait to see what happens by the end of this month.