My daughter has a new obsession. One that's begun just within the last week or so. Matt and I finally got a DVD player (Blu-ray, actually) so now we can watch movies. We picked up a few of my faves to get her started. We got Tarzan, Bambi, Babe, Tangled, Nemo, Annie, and my all-time-favorite Wizard of Oz. Here's the thing. She's seen all of them at least once. But she only wants one. Can you guess which?
Being my daughter I would have hoped she would love Dorothy as much as I do. But she doesn't.
And Bambi makes ME cry, but we thought she might like the animals.
Babe was cute, again with the animals, but I don't think she got it. And I realized there are some parts which may be a bit scary for a toddler.
I guess Annie has too much singing and dancing for her. She didn't really seem interested.
Nemo was fun, but not fun enough.
Tarzan made HER cry. And not because she was scared. She was SAD. Really? Sad? Apparently she felt sorry for Poor Baby Tarzan...Weird, right? And I don't think she understood that the baby becomes the boy who becomes the man...too much, I suppose.
No. Her movie of choice...like three times a day for the last week...Tangled. She LOVES Rapunzel. And the horse. Can't go a minute without it. It is the only movie she will actually sit and watch from beginning to end without interruption.
In fact...she's watching at this very moment. She'll be so heartbroken when I turn it off so she can get ready for bed. Cest la vie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment