Background

Monday, July 11, 2011

Cricket Nation

It's been raining an awful lot lately...

Lots of moisture...humidity...yuck...

I live in a nice, dark basement...

Should I be so surprised when I find a cricket or two every now and then?

Probably not.

However, when I woke up this morning I was greeted by three in the bathroom. Went back into my room to dress, where I found two more. Proceeded to get Ada ready and then went to the family room, where another was escaping from the toys. That was SIX just this morning. Lucky, right?

Needless to say, I didn't find it at all odd to see one crawling across the floor a few moments ago. I did think it odd that it wasn't hopping. Upon closer inspection, I found that it was missing a leg. I promptly put the thing out of its misery and wiped it up. On my way to the garbage I found the missing leg. The crickets are falling to pieces.

It's times like these when I wish I had a cat.

No comments: