Background

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ada Marie Willis


Last Tuesday I went in for my doctor appointment, as usual. Unfortunately, I was sooo swollen that the doctor called down to the hospital and asked if they could take me to be induced. That morning at 11am I began my pitocin regimen which continued well into Wednesday evening, with labor beginning early Thursday morning. My doctor had predicted that our little girl would be arriving around 5am...and if everything had gone according to plan...she would have. After about an hour and a half of pushing it became very evident that we would not be able to continue the delivery. She was stuck.

I was quickly taken in for an emergency c-section. It was a good thing, too. We discovered that Ada's cord had been wrapped around her neck. We wouldn't have known otherwise and something could have gone very wrong. Fortunately, she's here, she's healthy, and she's beautiful.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

she looks perfect! I hope you are recovering well! one good time to be living with family, huh? good luck with everything, she is adorable! good job on the baby making!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful, congratulations.

Gena said...

Glad everything worked out well in the end. She's a little cutie! Congratulations!! Enjoy every precious moment!

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

COngrats! She's a doll. I'm glad all worked out in the end.