Background

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thank Goodness That's Over

We had to wake up at 5 this morning to get ready for the race. It seems almost sacrilegious to wake up so early on a Saturday, especially since Matt's race didn't start until after 8am. But, as a volunteer, I needed to be there by 6 to help set up and figure out what they wanted me to do. I was originally signed up to help with water and registration but we found out they didn't have enough help with parking logistics, so I was switched. I probably walked a few miles today while yelling at people to slow down or that they were going the wrong way (it's a one way street) and also telling them where to park.

Matt did really well. We weren't quite sure what to expect, especially since he hasn't ridden much over the last week thanks to his new job. We've also never actually participated in a competition, so this was a great learning experience. He was hoping to finish 20 miles in 1:30hrs. He finished in 1:13hrs. I think he might be ready to try his first century. Just kidding. We'll have to work up to 100 miles before I subject him to that.

Anyhow, we're both exhausted. We'll be napping most of today ...and maybe half-way into the week.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

way to go Matt and Erin!