Background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Having Way Too Much Fun

I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, Pinterest is my biggest time waster.  I gave up Facebook ages ago, and really don't check Google Plus all that much either.  I have my husband who updates me on all the recent happenings.  And since he seems to enjoy telling me the news, so I let him have that.

One thing that has really been consuming quite a bit of my time is trying to make this house feel more like a home.  I hate the ugly awkward fireplace.  It's in the wrong spot.  And the carpet is old and stained.  the walls have inconsistent textures, many of them seem to have been bold colors at one time.  You can still see the deep reds and blues through the high gloss white paint.  They apparently never heard of primer.  Some of the walls were wallpapered, then painted, then wallpapered again.  The tile in my entry and hallway are a slick porcelain tile.  Not very conducive to a wet toddler who likes to run.  Some of the windows have trim, others don't, while others have a very different type of trim.  My home just feels so disjointed right now.  Nothing seems to fit well together.

I thought that the quickest, easiest way to help it feel more cohesive would be to paint.  But what color?  Matt has been very particular about having a say in the overall color scheme.  He wanted to do bold, bright or deep colors.  But the front of my house only has two windows, and they're in the bedrooms.  Otherwise...it's a cave.

So I set about trying to find a way to please us both.  And then I found this on Pinterest.

I could peruse the palettes all day and never get tired.

vineyard tones
 field tones
crashing tones
autumn rays
tagged hues
 kitten tints
 antiqued bouquet

fresh pink


You see what I mean?


Too many beautiful options.  So now I have to go through and set some criteria...like there must be at least two neutrals light enough to put on the walls so they don't close in on me, and enough fun colors to bring in through accents so I don't wind up with a monochromatic house.

What are some of your favorites?



1 comment:

dswillis said...

the only one I don't like at all is Fresh Pink. My favorite is Antiqued bouquet.