Background

Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's Just Gas

I think something's happening...



It's starting...


Much better...


So much has happened since my last post.

Ada has grown so much over the course of the last SEVEN weeks. She is now 8# 8oz and 21 inches long. Her eyes are starting to clear up...I have a feeling they are going to be as blue as Matt's. And she's starting to respond a little more when she's being talked to. She's been really good about sleeping through the night. I can usually put her down around 11pm and she won't wake up until about 6am (sometimes earlier...like last night when she woke at 3:30am...not too happy about that one) ;) Can't really complain about that one.


I've really been slacking on the whole blogging thing and keeping everyone posted. I had my baby shower on Saturday...yes, AFTER my baby's birth, which was great because we knew that she is DEFINITELY a SHE. It was beautiful and the gifts were wonderful. I'm still working on the Thank You notes and hope to have them done sometime this week...and I'm still waiting for pictures from that event.

This past Sunday we blessed her. I was glad that most of my family were able to participate...the circle was really large (Matt, Jon, David, Granddad, Dad, Greg, Nathan, Ben...plus the bishopric and a few family friends). I had hoped to get a few pictures of her in her pretty dress, but so much was happening all at once. Sometimes the best intentions just aren't good enough, ya know?

The last few days have been spent at my older sister's house. We've been working on finishing up her daughter's room. We've been painting and finishing the crown molding and such. We're hoping to have as much as possible completed before her birthday at the end of April. I keep telling her that I'm only doing this because I don't have a nursery to paint.

On a side note, Matt and I got to go on a date tonight. Matt won Bulls tickets for tonight's game and my grandma volunteered to babysit for us. The parking was great (we got to park right in front of the door...literally, five cars in...un-heard-of!) His boss gave him his season tickets and parking pass. We were in the first balcony section (it had its own waitress!) and we were right behind the basket. The seats were amazing! Unfortunately...the game was not. We were down by 30 by half-time. And it got worse during the third quarter. So, we decided that since they weren't doing well, and since Matt has to work tomorrow, and since I didn't want to leave my grandma with a newborn for too much longer...we left before the end of the third quarter. They lost, so we didn't miss much. But this is the second time Matt has gotten tickets from his boss. Last Friday he got four tickets and took some of my other family members (I was busy cooking the food for my baby shower). It was the St. Patrick's Day game, so they all got green Bulls t-shirts. Can't wait until he gets more tickets. Apparently, his boss also has box tickets for the games. I wonder if those are ever available...hmmmm...wishful thinking.

2 comments:

Jaimie D said...

OH MY GOSH she is so freakin CUTE i just love her!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful. It sounds like you guys have been really busy. I am glad things are going so well for you.